IT'S TIME TO DITCH THE MICROWAVE
For a certain generation there are two ways you ate popcorn: at a movie theater or out of a bag that you tossed in the microwave. Popcorn has become so ubiquitous with the microwave that most microwaves these days even have a special button just to get that bag popped just right. However, here at Franklin’s we don’t believe that button is ever "right". It's time to ditch the microwave.
We believe that things should be done the right way to be worth doing at all. Putting a chemically laden bag of flavorless corn made with cheap oil and fake flavoring in a microwave might be convenient, but it certainly isn’t good. We’re here to help you make good, quality, great tasting popcorn at home and we’re going to make it easy.
IT STARTS WITH THE RIGHT INGREDIENTS
The first thing we’ve done is focus on flavor. Popcorn should taste good. It should be a decadent treat for you to share with family and friends. We use only the best, richest tasting butter salt, quality oil (Coconut is our only choice!), and the best USA grown corn we can get.
AND YOU NEED THE RIGHT TOOLS
Rather than a microwave we’d like you to use our take on the classic home Whirley Pop machine. We’ve got a beautiful brushed black design with the classic stirring crank. Heat up some oil, add your corn and salt (Our portion packs have the right amount if you pick up a 2 oz or 4 oz pack) and crank. Its’ easy, fun to hear the kettle start to sputter and sizzle before the sounds of popping begins, and most of all, hassle free. Great tasting piping hot corn with the right amount of buttery and saltiness. It’s also easy to toss in a little seasoning at the very end (Dave’s favorite is garlic powder and dried parsley) and give it a few cranks to mix before pouring it into a bowl.
FIVE EASY STEPS TO GREAT POPCORN AT HOME
- Put your Whirley Pop over medium/high heat and let it heat up for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add our Franklin’s Butter Flavored Coconut Oil ( About ½ a table spoon per ounce of corn) and let it melt.
- Add up to 4 ounces of our Popcorn and butter flavored salt to taste (you’ll want to add at least a teaspoon to bring out all the corn and buttery flavor).
- Let that sizzle and cook in the kettle until you start to hear it start to pop and then start to stir the corn with the crank until there’s a few seconds between pops.
- Take off the heat, pour into a big bowl and let it rest for a few minutes to let the steam leave the corn (this will crisp up the popcorn).
Browse our extensive selection and find products to help you get customized results. Whether you'd like to munch on kernels of a particular size or are eager to try a gourmet flavor, you'll find everything you need and much more.